An ecommerce organization needs to introduce the SSL Certificate onto its web server to launch secure sessions with browsers. Ideally SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins. Online shoppers are very keen about the safety of their information.
It encrypts the information which can only be read and comprehended by the intended parties. Normally information submitted to internet passes through a number of computers and the more is the arrest, greater is the chance for a third party to get access into the data. An SSL certificate, inserting random character into the original information, makes it incomprehensible to these third parties. If, by chance, it goes into the wrong hand, it will be unreadable and become useless. A reputed ecommerce website development service provider can be contacted to get SSL license.
The reason why SSL Certificate is crucial for e commerce sites, are as follows:
- Authentication: When a SSL Certificate is issued, a server certificate is also issued simultaneously. It acts as a mediator between the browser and SSL server to authenticate the originality of the certificate provider. Customers can view these documents and can be rest assured about the safety and security of their information, they input into the site.
- Payments: According to the payment card industry compliance, an online business needs SSL certificate with the proper encryption of at least 128-bit. PCI standard verify the source, right strength of encryption, then provides the connection. So without obtaining SSL Certificate no site is allowed to accept credit card payment which is the main route for money to come in.
- Phishing: Phishing e mails often contain links of the replica of a trusted website. Mostly these emails gather credit card information for malicious practice. So when the receiver of such email doesn’t notice the sign of security on the site, they navigate away.
- Brand power: Big ecommerce companies often offer site seal and other images in their site with the SSL Certificate. These branded icons provide additional level of assurance to the customers for the security of their information.
- Trust: The whole process work together to build trust between the business and its potential customers. Providing data security and online verification of the same improve confidence and help customers to ensure a positive buying experience.
- Compatibility: SSL website encryption is compatible with over 99% of Web browsers and work on most browsers being used to view the sites available in the market.
Most SSL Certificates contain the name of the domain, company, its address, location city, state, and country. It also contains a date of expiry and the details of the Certificate Authority. If any of these checks fails the web browser will display a warning and the user comes to know that the site is not secured by SSL.
Therefore going through the authorization process necessary to obtain a trusted SSL Certificate is a must for ecommerce business. Genuine SSL certificate can be obtained from ecommerce website design companies easily. Without a SSL Certificate, it is very difficult or rather impossible to get payments. Potential customers want cent percent of their data security when it goes through a cyberspace and SSL certification is the best way to give them that peace of mind.
you can also see –